Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Table for the Grandkids

 
Today's picture of the day is because I miss my grandkids. (The oldest boys are teenagers, so I guess this isn't fair to them. I should take a picture of a video game to represent them. :)...) The three younger ones love to sit here and have tea parties.
 
I purchased the table and chairs unfinished at a craft show. I knew I wanted to paint them and was planning on just painting them one color. Around the same time, we were removing the wallpaper from our living room. I had seen a cool paint treatment for a wall on HGTV. It was painted dark with really large flowers done in black and white.
 
I did mine in browns with a tone on tone type look. The granddaughters think I need to paint the flowers a lot of colors instead of having them beige. This table is a little darker than my wall, but the flowers are the same. Because it is in the dining room, the look connects the two rooms.
 
 
 



I had a scrap of fabric with this type print. I liked how it was feminine, but not fussy. I started by painting the background and letting it dry. Then I free handed the flowers. After the table was completely dry, I brushed some floor varnish on it to seal it. (We were refinishing our original hardwood floors at the time.) That varnish is durable. This thing has been colored on and had acrylic paintings done on it. The crayon and paint just wipes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment