Monday, August 26, 2013

Clean Windows Do Make a Difference!



We have lived at Sage Ridge for almost 23 years. Some of our projects are tabled because of the tyranny of the urgent. We have put in a lot of work through the years. It is a work in progress. The reason we haven't gotten everything done is because when we have the money to do a project, we don't have the time. When we have the time, we don't have the money. Does that sound familiar?




Terry did a 'honey do' for me that I have wanted done for several years. (I am terrified of ladders since I fell several years ago.) With the moth infestation last year, the window up high was so bad, it took a lot of effort to get it clean. Thank you so much, Terry.


 
Don't you think those windows look good? Terry is putting another coat of primer on the eve of the garage and also around the windows. I touched up the door trim with a second coat of paint.

 
It was hot on the southwest side of the house, to I went to the east side and repainted the screen door and trim around it. In case you are wondering, the 'screen' for our screened-in porch is actually shade cloth. We found it at Home Depot or Lowe's in the garden department. It is wider than regular screen and is very durable. The darker part is what we installed 20 years ago. The lighter green is replacement screen in progress. (Somehow the cats tore the old screen open so they could get into the porch area. grrrr)


 
I had to repaint the sign our oldest son made in wood shop. I really did try to not get yellow paint in the letters, but messed up, so I painted inside so I could get the part that is supposed to be yellow would have good coverage.

 
This morning I got up early and got some black paint and filled in the letters. It looks pretty sharp.

 
The peak on this part of the house is where I fell with the tall ladder. I was all the way to the top of the point when the ladder slid and I landed face down on the deck. As a result of that fall, I had some cracked ribs, my ribcage was off kilter, I lost 3 teeth and a toenail. I could barely move for a month.
 
You see that one side has new screen and one doesn't. The darker screen is older and has a clearer vision from the porch. I think it is because it has black thread in it. We also haven't gotten to restaining the deck. That is coming soon. 
Terry put those porch lights on the screen door area, but light bulbs break when the door shuts. We need to move them up to the stucco area above the screen door. Pictures upcoming.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment