Friday, August 2, 2013

My Office



Okay, now you see that this is really my "office". I have a nice one upstairs with lots of room, a desk, and filing cabinet and everything, but I choose to sit in my big two person chair and work from there. *Two person is sort of a joke because even if and when Terry wants to sit next to me here, I have to move my 'important stuff'.

You see, I have my laptop, Bible, devotional books, glasses, flyswatter, Kindle, Dragon microphone, remote controls, journals with all the information about my books including research, a notebook for Bible study and marketing notes, the all important pillow , cell phone, land line phone, pens and trashcan. Why is this place preferred? THE TELEVISION OF COURSE! Also, it doesn't hurt that the chair is super comfortable.

The reason I am sharing this with you today, one of them, is so that you can see you don't have to have an official office to be a writer. Next, I saw a post on Pinterest that said to take a picture a day so that you can see what you did this year. I know the year is half over, but a late start is better than no start.

Just for the record, there is a bit of organization in the little 'nest' I have around me. I do still collect all the things that require filing and put them on the stair throughout the day so that on the next trip upstairs, I can put them in the official file cabinet. Although, I have to admit, I need to get cracking on that filing task up there.



If you want to follow me on Pinterest click this link. And... your comments on any posts are welcome.