Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thankful For Rain-Today's Picture


Today's picture is one of thanks to God for the rain last night and this morning. See the actual puddle around that tree? It has been a long time since a rain has done that here. It takes about 2 hours of watering our tree row to reach this tree, so usually we end up moving the water hose to give it a drink individually.

Look at the yellow pasture in the background. That is mostly buffalo grass. The thing that is most amazing about that grass to me is that when it gets dry, it goes dormant. It takes a lot to kill it off, but when it gets even a little rain, much less, a great rain; it will green up by the next day. It is wonderful to see.

This rain began yesterday evening/night and I hope it continues today and on. It reminds me of the refreshing from heaven to my soul that started yesterday morning during my devotional time. Where my spirit was starting to show dryness, the Holy Spirit refreshed me. It was like putting expensive lotion on dry, cracked skin. Oh how wonderful.

It reminds me of a song: "Showers of blessing, showers of blessing we need. Mercy drops around us are falling, but for the showers we plead." I want to get soaked in God's Presence. I think that today is a good day for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment