Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Latest Project from Pinterest - Pictures of the Day

When my mother passed away, I inherited some of her furniture. I already had a china cabinet that I love and I didn't want to do away with this one. In fact, one of my daughters in law wants it when she has a home large enough to house it.

I have used this in one of the guest rooms to hold books and book research, marketing, and speech things. You can see that a view through the glass isn't that pretty.

I saw a pin on pinterest that showed a good solution for my problem. I didn't want to do anything permanent in case it is going to be used to display china again.

 
This looks messy doesn't it?
 I used glue stick to hold the fabric on the frame surrounding the glass. I think wrapping paper or scrapbook paper would also work. I thought I found this fabric at half price, but when I paid out, it was mega expensive. I do have enough for several pillows. I bought 2 yards, but I think I only needed 1. (60" wide)

Scroll on down and see the finished result. It looks so much better now. It would have been a pretty curio display, but I really did have need for my book storage. I know that some people paint these. This one is about 47 years old. What do you think? Should I? :
1) paint it
2) stain it darker
3) Do nothing.

If painting...what color?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment