Sunday, October 13, 2013

"Roundtop Barnes and Buildings" Pictures of the Day

You may have noticed I haven't been posting pictures for the past week. Terry and I have been on a week-long working vacation. First, I spoke at a wonderful event in Oklahoma. (Pictures tomorrow) We spent the night in Enid, OK and then went to Baxter Springs, KS to the Bible College where Terry and I met in 1974. The directors are life-long friends and we were able to visit with them and see more friends who happened to be at the school during our visit. We were truly blessed.
 
Last week I remembered that my editor questioned me about what a 'roundtop' is. She thought I meant a roll top desk. I had written in Christmas in Nashville about a man in Guymon, OK going to the roundtop to get a box of Christmas decorations for the Christmas tree. I thought it would be fun to post pictures of what people who are not from our area thought a roundtop was.
 
I got some interesting pictures, but now nearly enough. Someone said they call it a Quonset. Terry told me that term is a brand name of the building. I know many call it that as well as a roundtop or barn. Everyone who posts a picture will be in a drawing for a book of your choice. (my titles)
 
Here are a few I took from our week-long journey.   



Side view.... Along with a little junk or hay, some farmers put their equipment inside.


This one is open ended.

This one is like a lot of them around our area.
 
This one was used for something else.





This is not a round top. Terry went nuts over this beautiful country home near Claude, TX.

So join the fun and post your pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment