Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"Pretty Is As Pretty Does" - Picture of the Day

 
This is a close up picture of the Christmas table that focused on the Nashville Series. It isn't really part of the title of this post, but I do think it is a pretty set up for a craft/book show.
I was Watching Home and Family this morning on the Hallmark Channel. It is one of my favorite morning shows after watching Joyce Meyer and the other preachers I like to listen to on television.
 
Today they were interviewing Mary McDonough, who is a life coach now. She played Aaron on the Waltons. It is interesting to me that she was intimidated about playing "the pretty one". It goes to show that even really pretty people have insecurities.
 
I think of how I have struggled as well as others I know to look acceptable to others. I remember buying Noxema face cream when I was a teenager in hopes that all the pimples would disappear after the first rinse. It never happened. I had to grow out of the majority of my facial blemishes. My face became dryer when I was expecting our first child.
 
Now, the extra pounds are something else. I have lost and gained more weight than I like to acknowledge. Three years ago I had gotten back into size 8/10. I am back to the biggest size I ever wore now. At times It really gets to me.  The older I get, the more I realize that outward beauty goes away quickly. The important part is the inside and how we treat others. (as well as ourselves - Don't forget to be kind to yourself.)
 
For my health, I am going to get the weight thing under control. I don't want to suffer from needless stress and exhaustion because of lack of self-control, but I will not think that I will be more worthy to be happy because of it. Does that make sense? I am a very blessed woman and I never want to forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment