Monday, November 25, 2013

Snow at Almosta Ponderosa Ranch - Picture of the Day

 
This is facing east from our deck. A little more snow fell after this picture. I actually took it yesterday before the craft show. This really shows that this is a tree with two tops. When we planted it we didn't know it would turn out that way, but it is still pretty.

 
This is the other spruce tree we planted 20 years ago and the olive tree that was here when we moved in. I am glad I treated the wood on the tree bench to protect it from the weather. It doesn't look like a very good place to sit right now.
 
I do get excited about snow. (not so much about ice) It gives our dry ground a nice long sip and saves our trees and buffalo grass. There were a lot of cars that went off the road and some wrecks. On the Amarillo news there was a report of 4 deaths there from the storm. I was vey glad Terry didn't get out in the 18 wheeler on Saturday. He was so much help at the craft show and I could know he was safe and off the roads all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment