Saturday, December 7, 2013

Part 6 Terry and Elaine's Life as a Hallmark Christmas Movie

The Reality Version:
 
Elaine wakes up and Terry has his bluetooth on talking excitedly to a friend. He is getting some sort of directions on how to do something. Elaine shrugs and fills her coffee cup. She enters the living room somewhat surprised at the roaring fire in the fireplace, but curls up in her chair to sip coffee.
 
She hears the word 'fan' and 'okay, I will get it by the shop.' Terry touches the blue tooth button on his ear and says, "Watch the fire. Our heater is out. I gotta go get a new fan and figure out how to install it."
Elaine: Oh.
Terry: Sorry to hit you with bad news as soon as you wake up but it is 12 degrees outside and I have to get this going.
Elaine: No problem. I'm glad you can fix it.
Terry: Let's hope.
 
The Hallmark Christmas Movie Version
 
 
Elaine tiptoes down the stairs from her opulent bedroom in her flowing robe and silk pajamas. Terry greets her with a tender kiss and pours her a cup of coffee. They enter the library where a roaring fire is blazing.
Terry: Good morning, Darling. Did you sleep well?
Elaine: Yes Dear, just wonderfully. My but you have a nice fire going this morning.
Terry: It is 12 degrees outside and I thought it merited a fire. Although our house is plenty warm, it make the atmosphere so cozy.
Elaine: Of course you are right my Darling.
Terry: I'm always right. He smiles and refills her cup. They spend the morning sitting hand in hand watching the fire.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment