Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Part 8 of the Hallmark Christmas Movie Version of Life with Terry and Elaine

The Reality Show Version
 
Terry wakes up at 5 a.m. to get ready for work. He slips out to the truck and does the pre-trip inspection and starts the truck. Elaine cannot sleep for some odd reason so she goes into the kitchen and sits on the barstool waiting for Terry to come back into the kitchen to fill his coffee bottle.
 
Terry feeds the cats and comes into the house through the laundry room door. He opens the door to the kitchen and grabs his heart because he is startled to see Elaine sitting at the snack bar. Elaine is startled because she can actually see his bright blue eyes.
 
Terry gains his composure and fills his coffee bottle and pours Elaine a cup of coffee and himself a half cup.
 
Terry: Why did you wake up so early?
Elaine: Just couldn't sleep any more. It was like I was dreaming that I needed to sleep deeper.
Terry: You didn't take Zquil last night did you?
Elaine: Nope
Terry: You know, I got up in the night and when I returned to bed you flopped your arm over my nose and I thought I was going to smother. I had so turn carefully so you wouldn't know I was trying to get away from you.
Elaine: Sorry.
Terry: It's okay. I have a problem when my breathing is impeded. We were both breathing like water buffaloes. I don't know why.
Elaine: humph!
Terry: Gotta get going.
Terry gives Elaine a little kiss and goes out into the darkness to start his day of work. Elaine takes her coffee cup and refills it, goes to the chair and picks up the remote to watch Joyce Meyer and begin her day.
 
 
Hallmark Christmas Version
(This one will be more difficult to romanticize.)
 
Elaine reaches into the darkness and realizes that Terry has already awakened to prepare to go to work. She runs to the window and discovers that he is doing his pre-trip inspection to the 18 wheeler he drives.
 
Hurriedly, she brushes her teeth and heats up some homemade banana nut muffins to eat with a cup of coffee.  She perches on a barstool in the kitchen hoping to share a cup of coffee and muffin with her beloved. She giggles as he opens the door an discovers her awaiting him.
 
Terry: Darling, something smells good.
Elaine: Sweetie, do you have time for a muffin or shall I wrap it up for you to have on the road?
Terry: I will eat one with you. Let me pour you a cup of coffee after I fill my thermos.
Elaine: I had forgotten how bright blue your eyes are until you gave that startled look when you entered the kitchen.
Terry: You did startle me. You should have stayed in bed it is very early.
Elaine: I missed you.
Terry: Oh, I have to tell you how sweet you were last night. I got up to go to the restroom and when I returned, you cuddled up to me. You were breathing like a little baby. I had to listen to see if you were alright.
Elaine: You say the sweetest things! I love you.
Terry: I love you too, but I must get going. Have a beautiful day, my love.
Elaine: Blessing on you, my husband.
 
(Oh well, I can dream! lol)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment