Friday, December 13, 2013

The Second Night of My "World Book Tour"- Hooker, Oklahoma Christmas Shopping Night

Wednesday I had a book booth at Beaver, Oklahoma. Thursday night I was blessed to be at Hooker, Oklahoma. Coming Saturday I will be at Bryan's Corner, Oklahoma at the Red Barn Café and craft shop. I guess this could also be called the Oklahoma Panhandle Tour. It has been so enjoyable. A lot of these people know me or my family and Terry's family. Many of them are new friends from seeing me at the area craft shows and libraries. They are all treasures in my life. The encouragement is wonderful.

These are pictures from the event at Hooker, Oklahoma

 
Four authors were set up in the children's section of the Olive Warner Memorial Library in Hooker, Oklahoma. This is my area. I had the books set up on my nice book rack.

 
This is librarian, Caroline, getting things together for a busy evening. The little dollhouse was crafted by one of the ladies for a drawing. It is so detailed and nice.

 
The friends of the library had wonderful baked goods to sell for a fundraiser. I had to make a couple of purchases for Terry and I.

See the beautiful corsages being  modeled by authors, Lynn Donovan of Liberal, Kansas and Sherrilyn Polf of Tyrone, Oklahoma? They were made for all of us by the charming lady standing next to them, Linda Martin. She owns a florist shop in Hooker and also has a connection to me. She and Terry used to work at the same company. She was such a blessing to us at that time and, as you can see, she is still blessing me. That is one beautiful corsage.
 
I think I will wear mine every day until it wilts. The greenery mixed with the roses and baby's breath creates such a fantastic fragrance.

 

 
Left to right: Sherrilyn Polf- She writes Christian Historical Fiction from WWII.
Gwen Hanson is from Hooker, Oklahoma and she has written The Farmer's Daughter which is a book about the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl Days and chronicles her family's life during this era.
Lynn Donovan writes Christian Fiction, The Wishing Well.
Then there is me, Elaine Littau, author of Christian Historical Fiction. (I am told that my contemporary fiction is old news because it is set in 1975, so I guess it is Historical as well. lol - My kids told me that!)
 
 
One of the library patrons took my picture next to the book rack. Hmmm I thought I had fixed my hair better than that. Oh well.


These are the "Contemporary" or maybe "Historical 1970s" books. Six Miles from Nashville and Christmas in Nashville.
 
The blue books next to me on the round table were written by a little 5 year old girl. Sherrilyn Polf helped her publish it and now that she is 6 years old, she is doing her second book. It is fully illustrated and such a cute book.

 
I love Gwen's boots. She was saying that she bought two broom stick skirts to wear with them and her children told her she had to wear jeans to show them off. She is the cutest thing!
The young man reading next to her was one of the helpers who helped us load up our stuff and take everything to our cars. That bunch knows how to treat authors!
 



There was a steady stream of readers who came to greet us. This was the first time I met Lynn Donovan and I was pleased that she was able to get to know the people of Hooker.
 
I couldn't help myself...I had to take a couple more pictures of the corsage when I got home.

 
There is just something about roses...sigh. .)
 
I appreciate everyone who made this event possible. I sang all the way home with my CD player. (It was probably a good thing no one else rode with me. lol
 


No comments:

Post a Comment