Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cheesy Vegetable Chowder (broccoli and cheese)

I am not a food photographer and this is a shot of the leftover soup. I got the recipe from Pinterest. (Didn't I tell you it is one of my favorite sites online?) Here's the recipe:

2 TBLS BUTTER
1/2 CUP CHOPPED ONION
1 CUP FINELY CHOPPED CARROT
1 STALK CELERY, FINELY CHOPPED
1 TBLSP MINCED GARLIC
4 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH
2 LARGE BAKING POTATOES, PEELED AND CHOPPED
1 TBLSP FLOUR
2/3 CUP MILK
2 CUPS CHOPPED BROCCOLI
2 CUPS SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE

(When I chop up the vegetables, I use the food processor.)

Melt the butter in a large skillet and add onions and celery. Saute' over medium heat until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 or 2 additional minutes. Mix flour with water and add to mixture. Simmer until soup is slightly thickened.  Put the mixture in a large soup pot. (I put mine in a slow cooker.) Add milk, broccoli, chicken broth, and potatoes. Cook in slow cooker on low. After the potatoes and other vegetables are tender, add cheese. Serve. I like to make bread to go with this. Some like to make the bread bowls to serve it in. Either way, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment