Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Almost 7 Years of Publishing


This is Terry's favorite picture of me as an author. A professional photographer took the photo and it was not taken in his studio. These beautiful flowers and landscape are located on the road to Lake Fryer, a small lake near my home.

I was laughing uncontrollably because my grandchildren were sitting in the car watching the photo shoot. I hadn't had a professional picture taken of me alone since my Senior picture in high school. This one was a different kind of 'senior' picture. I was more comfortable watching my children do this kind of thing. We used a different pose for the back of the cover. I thought I should look a little more composed.

Who knew that a 52 year old woman could start a career as an author? It was beyond my wildest dreams. In fact, I had forgotten how to dream. Now, I dream all the time.

 
This is the first book produced from my efforts. In 2007 it had a different cover. This is the new cover. For years, there wasn't a Kindle version of this book. The price was $2.99 for this format. Yesterday, I changed the price to 99 cents.
 
This book was supposed to be 'the book' that I had in me. (We have all heard that every single person has a book inside them so I decided to write one.) Actually, I figured I would write it, print it out, and leave it in a drawer for my sons to find after I died.
 
 
This book is the one I wrote after I threw caution to the wind and sent my manuscript to a publisher. Who knew that the publisher would take on 'Nan's Journey'? Terry told me I needed to write every day, so I did.

 
I cried more writing 'Luke's Legacy' than any other book I have written. So far, of all my books, it is a sleeper. Sales on this book are good, but not as abundant as the other titles. When people ask me which book is my favorite, I tend to go to this one. Remember, these books are sort of  like children to me so it is difficult to choose just one.
 
 
This one was just plain fun to write.
 
 
 
 
This one has a lot of history. I love this one. It completes the Nan's Heritage Series.
 
That is enough for today. This sounds like a commercial. I'm sorry that it does. Writing has become a huge part of my life now. The work is interesting and I am pleased that the Lord has seen fit to use these books to show how to get through life situations with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment