Monday, April 21, 2014

Cowchip Festival????

This is my set up at the Beaver, Oklahoma Cowchip Festival.
The name of this festival evokes many comments on my blog and other places I post on the internet. It is a very nice festival with all sorts of things going on. They had a carnival, a color race, a cow-patty bingo, cowchip throwing, and the craft show. I'm sure I missed something.
 
Just as I was about to open up my booth, the rack collapsed. The back legs were flimsy. Terry is at town purchasing some bulkier stuff to bulk it up. I think he is going to cut it down to tabletop size.

This is the photo of the 'Big Beaver'. It is the town mascot. Do you remember that this is the town I went to for the Christmas Shopping Show? They had carriage rides and all that jazz. This place will also have a county fair in a few months. I will be here because there are so many readers who have become friends to me and some of them are friends who have become readers.

Terry was born here in Beaver and our sons were also. It is an hour away from our home, so it isn't a problem being at all the events. (especially with people who are so kind and friendly)

Since the hubs grew up really close to Beaver, a lot of people know his family. (close and extended) There are always a lot of questions about who, and how, etc. Some folks went to church  or school with some of them. Others are related in some way or another. I take down names and barrage Terry with questions when I get home.

 
There were 6 authors at the craft show. I know 3 of them. I didn't get around to meeting the other 2. Sherrilyn Polf had a booth next to mine. She writes about the home front during WWII and has also written a book for children.

This is Kathryn Fogleman. Her booth was behind mine and separated by a divider. She writes Fantasy. Her mother, Dawnita Fogleman, has written a book called "Star Chronicles, a Bible-Based Study of the Stars."
I really enjoy visiting with my author friends as well. Friday and Saturday was so much fun. I always look forward to events in Beaver, OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment