Wednesday, February 19, 2014

News About "Jailbird"

Well, 11 books are now available with my name as the author. I still can hardly believe it. Right now I am working on #12. If you ordered "The Restless Kansas Wind", there is a page that lists all the titles. I have #12 listed under the title, "Jailbird". Since the first 55 copies were printed, I have changed the title to "Restored". The reasoning behind that decision was the negativity "Jailbird" portrayed. There were also come friends who pointed out the fact that a jailbird was someone who spent a lot of their life in prison. Debbie, our character in this book, was sentenced to one year of prison.

Our son, Marlin, of MarOmega Designs, is working on the cover for "Restored" right now. I have already written 4000 words on "Restored". If you have been following my emails, you will remember that I am doing an experiment with this book to try to gather in a few more readers. The trend in publishing is to release 'episodes' while writing a book. The plan is to release Episode 1 after 10,000 words are written and edited in e-book format. Episode 2 would come after the next 10,000 words and so on. After the entire book is written, all the episodes will be joined together and released as a print book and as an e-book novel.

The idea behind this is that a lot of people don't like t commit to the time it takes to read an entire book. They do purchase short stories and episode type books. If they like the writing, they might purchase a novel. If not, they haven't lost much time or money on trying out a new author.

If you are like me, you like to read and ENTIRE book and not have to wait for the next portion. If that is how you like to read, just wait until the entire novel is released to purchase it. I think this will help me get the books written in a more timely manner. (I hope.)

"Restored" is taking form and living in my imagination. I have reached out to several friends who understand or minister to inmates so that I get an accurate picture of the life of a prisoner. I don't want to write it from the vantage point of a movie watcher. I want to know the real story.

Now, most of the action of this book doesn't take place in prison, but the experience colors Debbie's life. (You know it would.) Pray for me as I attempt to put an interesting and heartfelt story together so that it brings understanding and hope for the readers.

I will let you know when Episode 1 is ready. (just in case you want to see how it looks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment