Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"The Restless Kansas Wind" is Available Now.

http://www.amazon.com/Restless-Kansas-Wind-Rescued-Hope-ebook/dp/B00I8NRFCC/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1391613529&sr=1-1&keywords=restless+kansas+wind

I am pleased that the 11th book I have written is now ready for purchase. As you have seen in the previous post, #12 is on the drawing board. I think the readers who enjoy Christian Historical Fiction/Romance will enjoy this book.

I learned a lot of things about the area where I live as I embarked on research for this book. One of the things was that there were Native Americans by the name of 'Kansa' who lived in the Kansas area. Here is a link to a non-fiction book about them: http://www.amazon.com/Kansa-Indians-1673-1873-Civilization-American/dp/0806119659/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391614032&sr=1-1&keywords=kansa+Indians
The meaning of their name is 'Wind People'.

The story takes place in two Kansas towns near me. (Meade and Liberal) Also, we revisit the boom town of Tascosa, Texas. I found it interesting that the residents of Tascosa never thought their town would disappear. If the railroad had only laid track a few miles over, we would go to Tascosa to shop instead of Amarillo. As it is, all that is left of Old Tascosa is a plaque at Cal Farley's Boy's Ranch.

The railroad was a blessing to the panhandle of the tri-state area of Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Meade and Liberal grew quickly as it came through. These towns are still thriving today. The people who live here today could truly be referred to as 'Wind People' even though most of us aren't Native American. We have a rich history and deep roots that connect us to this land.

I hope you enjoy reading 'The Restless Kansas Wind'. It is book IV of the Rescued...a Series of Hope batch of books. The next book in this series will be about Doris, a girl from Pueblo, Colorado. Her story is still forming in my mind It will come onto the drawing board after 'Jailbird' (Book III of the Nashville Series). I do plan on publishing the comical stories I tell when I give humorous speeches and also a couple other books that are solo books. (not in a series) We will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment