Monday, May 5, 2014

2014 Guymon, Oklahoma Pioneer Days Craft Show

 The Pioneer Days 2014 Craft Show was a lot of fun. The main thing was that Terry was off and able to be with me both days. After the show ended we went to eat at Cactus Jacks and then watched the movie, "Heaven is for Real". We had a wonderful time.

The first day, after the parade, we met the queen of the parade. She was 99 and would turn 100 this summer. She was dressed in a long purple satin pioneer dress. Listen, this lady wasn't even using a cane. She was super funny and had a great sense of humor. Her 'little brother' came from Canon, CO. to support her as queen. She was such a sweet lady and her brother was also as healthy as can be. I didn't have my camera with me to get her picture.

Another very special thing happened for me. Many of the readers of my books came to round out their collections. They wanted to be sure they have all 11 of them. (I'm writing book 12.) Two really nice ladies stopped by to make sure I would be at the show on Sunday so that their mother could see me on Sunday afternoon. They had purchased the first 3 books when that was all I had published. Since then, their mother had ordered each book as it was released through the mail.

This is a picture I had to have. She did come to visit with me and be certain that I hadn't released "Restored" yet. (Restored is available in the first 3 segments/episodes via e-book and it will become a completed novel and be released as soon as it is finished. )

 This is Helen Baker. She is super sweet and fun to talk with. I'm glad she allowed me to have a picture with her. She told me to keep writing. It was really interesting that I was sitting in my booth wondering what on earth I am doing by writing these books. Helen and her daughters encouraged me and another lady came by and told me that I must not stop writing. The Lord knew I needed this at this time. Thank you so much!



Terry was wearing this bright blue shirt and things were a little slow so I looked at him and noticed that his eyes were the color of blue that his shirt is. I made him take his glasses off and let me take a picture of him. What a handsome husband! 
He didn't want me to take this picture. lol. It was so good to be able to show "Six Miles from Nashville" to the people of  Guymon because that is where the story of Debbie Williams began. It was a really nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment