Tuesday, October 29, 2013

One of Those Days - Picture of the Day

 
Today is just one of those days. Nothing really exciting is going on except I am supposed to receive a book order and perhaps an order from Oriental Trading. Dull? Did I hear that word? Let's just say that sometimes it is good to have a 'down day' where there are no expectations going on.
 
I have been working on the book table set up for craft shows and other book events. It even came down to sewing! Imagine that! I do have a table set up just out of the camera view of one of the tables I will have at the Satellite Show this year. I would have taken a  picture of it only some of the main ingredients to make it special are in the Oriental Trading order. I will finish the set up and then take a picture and post it on here before I pack it away to take it to the event.
 
This is a time of reflection also. Thoughts about what should be included in the next book are rumbling through my mind. I have decided on a title, "The Restless Kansas Wind". It is inspired, although not word for word, from some of my grandparents and how they found one another. It will be amped up quite a bit because, like me, there were a whole lot of 'nothing much happening days' in their life as well. I take stories I have heard from friends, readers, family, and my imagination to construct a book with good action in it.
 
I hope you have a really good day today. Remember, sometimes an ordinary day with your Bible, a good book, some coffee or tea, and a nice phone call from someone you love is enough. Allow yourself some 'down time' so that the exciting times don't wear you out. (Man, I sound old!)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment