Thursday, November 21, 2013

Guymon, Oklahoma Library Event - Pitures of the Day

This is the back area of the main part of the library. The wall to the right is where the children's area is. There were a bunch of kids in there and I didn't hear a sound from that room!
This dedication was a big deal for the city of Guymon, Oklahoma. They had a plaque and ribbon cutting ceremony with a lot of dignitaries from the state capitol. There were a lot of speeches, but you could tell from the things they said, so much work has gone on to put this beautiful library together. This picture in only a back corner. I didn't have time to look over the whole place, but what I saw was impressive.


This is the table they had for me to put my books. I did have a good time talking with the city people from several towns. Several took information and are in the process of setting up speaking engagements. I really look forward to speaking to their civic and book clubs. It looks like things will continue to be busy after the New Year.

I was blessed to meet the Library Director, Rachel Sides. She is a very sweet lady who has, with her staff, put in a whole lot of work for this event and more.

I intended to get a picture of author, Carla Stewart, who was another author here with her wonderful books. She is formerly from Guymon and one of the speakers for the night. I want to thank the people who put this event together for inviting me to come. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment