Friday, November 8, 2013

Thankful for Some Orders to Send Out- Picture of the Day


The picture today is of two book orders from readers who purchased through my personal website. When I look in my email and see that books have been ordered, it is thrilling to me. Sometimes I have the opportunity to meet the people behind these orders face-to-face at craft shows and speaking events. That is thrilling to me also.

While I am thankful for the money connected to these orders (I will not lie about that.) it is heart warming to think that there are people who desire to read my books or give them to readers they know. Some reviewers have said that the stories are simplistic and plain. That is okay. I am a pretty simple person. I am not saying that  am not intelligent, it is only that I try to be honest in who I am. I write as I see situations and imagine things to have been long ago. Most of the people I am closest to are not pretentious. I am drawn to people who speak and live the truth. It is my desire to be trustworthy.

This Thanksgiving season I am striving to look around and not take for granted the blessings in my life. I feel privileged to be able to write the books the Lord lays on my heart. I am blessed to speak to a lot of the readers and authors in person. The authors I have met in this process of this writing job have been some of the sweetest people. I have not met most of the authors face-to-face, but am in contact with a lot of them every day. It is a joy to pray with them and love them. They have expanded my heart. You have expanded my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment