Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Heart and Reasons to Celebrate- Pictures of the Day

 
Recently my nephew, Paul, had a birthday. Terry and I were invited to come to celebrate it with him at my sister and brother-in-law's home. This nephew was my childhood buddy. We were more like cousins than nephew and aunt.

 
My sister sets a beautiful autumn table.

 
A wonderful meal prepared by my sister.
 
My biggest reason to celebrate is that it has been a year since the fibromyalgia has left me. One year ago I was praying in my living room and begging God to take the pain away. I had prayed the prayer many times before in the 15 years I had suffered with it. One year ago, I felt every trace of pain exit my body out through my finger tips. I wondered why, on that certain day, I was healed. I felt that He told me that I was trying to earn or deserve my healing. It is like Salvation. There is nothing we can do to earn or deserve it. It is the touch of God. Off and on for a few months, symptoms tried to return. I had to keep remembering that God healed me. As soon as I prayed and thanked the Lord for healing, the pain left each time. God is good. I praise Him for touching my body and healing me from that awful disease. He did it for me and He will do it for you too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment