Friday, November 1, 2019


NaNoWriMo 2019 here I come! This morning I am joining the National Novel Writing Month challenge of writing 50,000 words in the month of November. After a lot of thought and some planning and reading, I've decided on my characters, the setting, and a sketchy story line.

The main character is Levi Reeves. He was introduced in "The Restless Kansas Wind". He and his brother, Peter, met Lily and her unnamed baby when they stopped at her homestead for medical help for Peter. Towards the end of that book, he is a newspaper man in Tascosa, Texas. (Now, the location of Cal Farley's Boy's Ranch)

I think you will love this character and how the story unfolds. However, you are part of this process. Did you know that? Many of you readers pray for me and the writing I do. I need this more than ever. This morning I dashed off 60 words so that I could set of my page on the NaNo website and have something on my progress graph. I'm hoping to have around 1000 words by the end of the day more or less.

Jump in the 'car' with me and we will see where this goes. I don't have a real title for this book yet. Be thinking of one that you think you'd like. Watch for an announcement for a prize for a title from the entries.


No comments:

Post a Comment