Friday, September 13, 2013

"Watch Out, If You Hold Still Around Here, I'll Cover You with Deckover," said Terry Littau

Yay! The decks project is done! Terry is the kind of guy who adds 3 coats when the bucket says 2. I am proud of the job he did on these decks. I did do quite a few of the railings, but not all of them.


 
This is looking West from the South side of the house. If you look closely, you will see two decks on this side. The one further in the distance is a small one like the one pictured in the first frame.

 
It was pretty hot, so Terry took off his shirt again.

 
Two boards were in such bad shape, Terry replaced them. They had shrunken by over an inch each in length from the dry conditions we have been struggling with.

 This is the third coat looking to the East.

He coated 3 decks, a picnic table, a swing, a serving table, and the bed of his flat bed trailer. I coated the wrap around tree deck. It has been a marathon an I have shared a lot of pictures of the process with you. (Do you see my clothesline next to the deck? It is so great to dry bedding on as well as swim towels. I don't consider it an eyesore. lol)

Terry told me, "Don't hold still, or I'll cover you with this stuff!" I am on the move, that's for sure.

 
This table was thirsty!

 
I still need to spray paint the legs of this table.

No comments:

Post a Comment