Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our 38 yr old Courting Swing make-over Sept 12, 2013

Terry bought this courting swing for me in 1975. When he brought it home, the frame was cream colored and had a blue/teal/green floral cushion and canopy. Several years ago I spray painted the metal pink and Terry added wooden planks. Cushions are very hard to keep track of in the brisk winds of the Texas panhandle. I also wanted something that would be comfortable even without pillows. We can just sit down and rest without having to search for cushions. (We do have pillows that we use sometimes, but mostly, this is how we use it.) Terry wanted me to crop him out of the picture, but I think he is sort of cute. :)
 
 
Terry put the Beahr Deck over on the planks and took the swing apart for me. I got some gloss black spray paint for metal and repainted the metal parts. I like the look of the brown and black.


 
 

 
 
I carried the frame to the caliche road driveway and got really good coverage with 2 cans of spray paint. I brushed on the paint on the metal part of the seat area. It was gloss enamel. Terry didn't want to take the whole thing apart so that it could be spray painted. I don't blame him. He put a lot of things on his list to get done during his working vacation.
 
He worked so hard yesterday and only took one break. He began at sunup and worked until dark. He had a goal and wouldn't be persuaded to stop sooner. His endurance is amazing. The place is really shaping up. After doing a few little paint jobs here and there, I was spent!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment