Monday, February 3, 2020

Post Super Bowl Day



I don't have a lot to say about the Super Bowl this year. Why? Well, our channel on television was not playing the game. Terry watched it on his phone. I heard the play by play, but it is not as festive as watching.

It sounded like a really close game and each team did a remarkable job. I didn't keep track of penalties, but it seemed that they were at a minimum compared to most games we have watched. The commercials meant nothing to me because most of their message is visual.

I am glad I did not see the half-time show. The music seemed good on that tiny speaker, but most of the lyrics were in Spanish, so I was in the dark on that as well. I'm sure my Spanish speaking friends enjoyed it a lot. I am glad I didn't see the stripper pole and all that mess. So...there is that.

I did enjoy Terry's reactions to the game. Many of his friends who have watched football with him will agree that he is very funny..."Sic 'em, Sic 'em...go...go...go..." and various other phrases. He gets pretty animated, but never swears. That means a lot to me.

Aside from enjoying his reaction, it was a very boring day for me. I know that sounds harsh. Maybe it is the prolonged cold that is still lingering after many weeks. I am worn out from continuous coughing. Maybe I am just cranky??? I hope y'all enjoyed watching the teams compete yesterday. Hopefully, I'll have a brighter, funnier post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment