Saturday, February 1, 2020

Simple Solutions


This morning I was reading about the millions US scientists spent trying to develop a pen that could write while astronauts were in space. The Soviets beat them to the punch by using PENCILS!

Take that in... It was a simple solution. Is it possible that we look to invention instead of availing ourselves of simple things that could or would preform the needed task? Join me in thinking about this for a moment.

Perhaps living without the latest gadget for a time while your finances are low would fit.
Learning to appreciate the spouse you've grown up with rather than look at 'greener pastures'...
Singing loudly to your favorite songs before allowing the day to swallow you in any type of despair you might be facing. I don't know if that fits in this post, but this has helped me stave off loneliness many times.
When a phone conversation is not possible, try writing a short note and actually send it to someone. I love texts as well, but there is something deeply personal about seeing the handwriting of someone you care about and knowing they actually had to go through the steps of procuring a piece of paper, holding a pen, addressing an envelope, and mailing the message.  It is so rare.
Hold that child close while they read or you read to them.
If they are older and need help with homework, sit close to them and picture the stress they may feel. Use kind words to help them discover solutions. (Old age gives me perspective on this. I was not always patient in this area.)


This list is incomplete, but I believe you see my message and my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment