Friday, January 31, 2020

1 Star Review




Yesterday I looked online and found a 1 star review for Walk Slowly Through the Dark. It kinda smarted. However, I do appreciate people who review my books. It takes some effort to type up a review on Amazon and those efforts are valid. I don't expect everyone to love my writing. There are some who do and some who actually really don't like it at all. That is okay.

Reviews such as this one used to spin me into a big bout of depression. It is amazing how detached I feel from this one. I am going to search the story and see if the points are valid. Then, in future writings attempt to improve on those weaknesses. I find that to be the value of an honest review.

Many of you have been generous with praise for my various books. Yes, those have helped me so much. I am so glad for those. The writing...is from my heart and for a purpose. I want readers to experience the glimmer of hope some of the characters find, the knowledge that struggles happen in life and that there is a God who cares, and the possibility of a great outcome in the end.

If some of the scenarios or even one of them, mirrors a challenge in your life and is a pinprick of light for you, I feel honored to be a part of your journey. I honestly pray for my readers and hope the best for you.

If you leave a review, don't worry about not being able to rate it high. Just be honest and fair. That is all I ask. I learn and grow from every one of them. Thank you, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment