Wednesday, January 8, 2020


The Quest for the Perfect Chair- The Goldilocks Shopping Spree

This picture features a picture taken years ago of The Hubs and Maci playing during Christmas time. My 2 person chair is in the left corner. It was a fun chair, but it killed my back. I enjoyed many sessions of sitting with my kiddos and having nice little conversations with them. It was an okay chair until the pleather stuff flaked and could not be covered. (The salesman said it was better than leather...not so.)

Anyway, my Christmas/Birthday present this year is a new easy chair. I am worried that I won't be able to find one that actually fits me. Why? Well, I have super short legs and a long body. Yep, I got that from my Daddy. 
Most chairs, rockers, recliners have seats that are too deep for me. If I sit with my back supported, my legs stick straight out like a toddlers. I need to find a smaller chair that will allow me to have my back supported and my knees go over the edge like regular people. I'd even like being able to have my feet touch the floor...A girl can dream. Sigh...

I'm thinking that a glider recliner would be most helpful because rocker recliners tend to lean back a bit. This causes be to lean forward (at least with my neck) and causes more back and neck pain. Wow, I sound  whiney.... I currently have a very short rocker recliner that is almost too short, but it leans back even when no one is sitting in it. (It was given to me used.) So...short may not be the answer, but an element of what I need. 

Here's hoping I find something that will work for my funny body. I will post pictures of my Goldilocks shopping spree.


No comments:

Post a Comment