Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Crafting is Not For Wimps











Okay...so Terry and I want to decorate our grands' playhouse like a gingerbread house next Christmas. I got on Youtube to look for patterns for lollipop ideas to put on the sides of the playhouse and along a pathway. 

We watched videos on how to make them with pool noodles from a dollar store. It looked easy enough, so we bought 2 pool noodles. I was glad we saw several ways to do this. 

I think where we went wrong first was that Terry said he'd help me with this, but didn't agree to do it on his day off. He went to work and on his morning phone call to me he asked me what I was doing. Yes, I had started on the project.  He laughed and informed me that he was glad I was doing the project by myself. Grrrr.

I should have realized the pool noodles were way too big in circumference. The second picture shows it on the 'first turn'. The hot glue didn't bond well because it was like turning a wire into a spring. I had it tied up when I came almost to the end...THEN... boing....there it flew across the floor. 

I wrestled it several more times and remembered a video from the Home and Family Show. They cut the noodle into 4ths for small suckers for a wreath. I decided to cut mine in half because I wanted it to be pretty big...not massive...like it would have been had I been able to keep it from springing out of its confines. 

That meant wrapping more white duct tape so that the backside would be covered as well. It is still tied up and I'm sorta scared about untying it. 

I just want to know how it is that the online people and on TV people can make things look so easy when it is anything but easy...My plan was to make 16 of these. I'm soul searching the prospect of making the other half left over from this one...What do you think???


No comments:

Post a Comment