Thursday, December 5, 2019

The Romance Continues Part 3 1/2

The scene opens as Elaine is finishing with polishing brass on the fireplace. The phone rings.
Me, "Hello."
T, "Hi Baaaabe."
Me, "whatcha doin'?"
T, "Just got through with a meeting at work...blah blah blah blah. (I don't know what I can share here. lol)
I continue talking with him and go into coughing fits.
T, "Your cold sounds really bad."
Me, "Is yours better?"
T, "Yep, I'm just fine. BUT YOU sound like a Russian weight lifter."
Me, "Really? Hmmm"
T, "You are putting on that voice. I've never heard you go that low before."
Me, "It is real. That is my voice with this cold."
T, "You are pretending."
Me...getting frustrated...a little...want to yell, but throat hurts. "I thought guys liked women with low voices."
T, "Not Russian weight lifter low...besides you are pretending."
It was a good thing he went out of range...I'm taking more Dayquil...This has be really...real.

No comments:

Post a Comment